Re: DSL provider on the south shore

 Samuel Baldwin wrote:
> Despite all the horror stories about Comcast I can give, I hear that
> Verizon is much, much worse.

I've been a long time Verizon ADSL customer and now for quite some time
I use their fiber service.  We have comcast as a backup.

Verizon's ADSL support was horrendously bad, in part because it was
difficult to find anyone who actually understood the technology.  Old
monopoly attitudes where customers had no option hence "screw them" were
also part of the deal.

Since fiber, Verizon has cleaned up its support act.  I've had two
instances of issues and find their phone support people to be excellent.
  Verizon is trying hard to squeeze customers out of Comcast and other
cable monopolies, principally in the TV delivery end.  Internet is still
a sideline in their business plan it seems, but at least it's taken
seriously.

Comcast is, in my view, a corrupt company that continues to rely on
local access monopoly for its cashflow.  Although I've had reasonably OK
tech support experience with them (two occasions in the past year, both
having to do with account issues) they still have a certain edge.

/m

believed to be clean.