Re: DSL provider on the south shore

 Same thing happened to me. I even doubled checked when signing up that
windows computers are not needed and the sales person told me that.
Big fat lie.

I called and argued for a long time trying to convince the guy that I
was in the modem and only needed the verizon user name and password in
order to connect (And probably have him set some flag on my account)
and he wouldn't listen to me. In the end I got my girlfriend's laptop
with windows on the network and did the activation but I was very,
very angry. Switching back to RCN once the verizon contract is up.

Chris