Re: mutt

 On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 07:34:59PM -0500, dan moylan wrote:
> ben writes:
> > Can I ask why you want to do this?
>
> i'm surprised you would ask the question.  i try to save what i
> find useful and discard the rest.

The time-value tradeoff of figuring out how to do this and then
writing a script to make it happen is not a good one in my opinion.
As the saying goes, disk space is cheap.

> btw, it isn't obvious to me how to override the save function
> with a call to a shell script.  can this be done from within
> mutt?

No, you have to define a macro in your .muttrc for this.

In your .muttrc, it would go something like this:

macro index X <pipe-entry>~/bin/foo.sh<enter>"

Where X indicates the key-binding and the foo.sh bit is your script
name.  Actually, you probably need some additional bits in there to
delete the message from the current folder, etc.

Keyboard macros and the links for the functions you can access are
here:

http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-3.html#ss3.6

-b

--
you never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.
                                                        <william blake>

believed to be clean.