Re: Zonbu

 > If the objective is just a really cheap laptop, then maybe this
> could be a contender. But that's not the fundamental purpose
> of the OLPC project.  The purpose of OLPC, as I understand it,
> is to provide educational resources to the poorest kids on
> the planet, on the theory that education is the most important
> part of any long-term solution to their problems

This is just what I was going to say. The main goal of OLPC is to
change the way kids learn. It has nothing to do with laptops.

Moving on that laptop will REALLY have to find it's market. Windows
business people will go for one of the more standard tiny laptop
offerings and geeks will go for a OLPC, EEEpc or something else to put
linux on. We already know geeks don't need a subscription to keep our
OS's up to date. I'm having trouble finding the real market for this.
It doesn't QUITE seem to be the great, cheap internet gateway machine
that will eventually come out.

Chris

believed to be clean.