open-source virtualization software

 I am considering different virtualization software to create isolated
environment for Development and QA and let developers shell access to the
virtual environments.
I am comparing Xen and OpenVZ. They provide different level of
virtualization and OpenVZ is like an advanced jail, but I really like it
because it has minimal performance overhead comparing to Xen. The
disadvantage of OpenVZ is that you can only run the same guest operating
system as a host operation system, i.e. on Linux you can only Linux guest
OSes (but I am only using Linux anyway)

I'd like to hear opinions and find out what other people use for
virtualization. Any advices and knowledge sharing will be appreciated.

- Eugene.

believed to be clean.