Re: Favorite way to ban an IP from your webserver?

 On Dec 11, 2007 1:34 PM, Matt Shields <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I find it strangely funny how "newbies" refuse to take advice from old
> timers about best practices, after all we've gone through all the
> trials and tribulations.  We've learned our lessons.  Something bad is
> going to happen and the only thing I will say to you is "I told you
> so".  There's just something about humans that have to learn the hard
> way.  I'm telling you, do not blindly trust people.  Ask your
> question, then take the answers and figure out for yourself what they
> are doing before blindly running them.

By the way.  What does your rant have to do with the simple concept of
asking someone not to post malicious commands into a mailing list?  Are you
saying it's OK to do that?

Your red herring argument that you shouldn't trust people on the internet
isn't related in any way to what people are trying to say.

>From what I can gather, it appears you're refusing to take advice from an
old timer that asked someone not to post malicious commands.

believed to be clean.