RE: Favorite way to ban an IP from your webserver?

 that makes a lot of sense...

I tell someone (I've never met) I have a cold and ask for help.  they
say here try this.  I have no responsibility to ask what is it, what
does it do?
that has nothing to do with elitism, it's being moronic!

do you just willy-nilly type in everything you read in emails?  you
don't bother to check what you've been told?  you don't bother to verify
that it has any relevance to what you asked?

that's begin lazy and not taking responsibility for your actions.
it is the height of childishness to think that whatever you read in a
sysadmin forum is exactly 100% correct.  most of the answers I read in
most of the forums have nothing to do with the question.

I will agree that "rm -rf" is very sophomoric.

caveat emptor!

oh wait, you didn't pay for the email support...