Re: Kubuntu Artwork - just in time for the Holidays

 > I think it would be a great idea to upload your XCF file there, and
> link to it as an 'alternative' image...

I can't believe we don't have a guide on the best practices for
creating printed media, here is a quick run down for everyone:

 1) Do not use raster formats to print nor to store
 2) Only use raster images for photographs, 400dpi or more, formated
to tiff for preference
 3) Use vector (inkscape, scribus, oo-draw) for all other elements
 4) Store both original works (i.e svg) and printable files (ps/pdf)
on wiki or other format
 5) A useful license that enables redistribution and commercial use.

At the moment I couldn't recommend the use of most of the printed
media we have on the wiki and elsewhere as it's just not good enough.
It's like we've all chosen to write kernels in perl.