Re: aptitude full-upgrade is superior, or not?

 I have not been using aptitude -dist-upgrade for while.  When I was using it
with Debian, it did not seem to me to be fully upgrading the system.
Recently, I have been using the Ubuntu update feature to install new
versions.  Is this update feature the same as issuing aptitude full-upgrade?
Jay