Re: What to do with a RAM-heavy desktop?

 Jerry Feldman wrote:
> You can get VMWare Workstation (pay),
> VMWare Server (free), VMWare Player (free).  I think that if you want
> to utilize 64-bits but need a 32-bit Windows XP, this is probably your
> best option.

Virtualization is very happy to gobble lots of memory.  And you have
lots of memory.  With 32GB you can feed your MS Windows as much RAM as
it can use, have *plenty* left over for other use.  Linux as the host OS
and MS Windows as a client sounds good, MS Windows will want to reboot
and crash on its schedule but the host can be solid.

In choosing virtualizing software, look for what does best graphics.
Illustrator and Photoshop where the feedback is snappy is better.

-kb, the Kent who sometimes answers old threads.

believed to be clean.