Re: ifconfig -error - different IP address was shown

 It's hard to tell from such a sparse description.

The "/etc/sysconfig" suggests that you're using something in the
Red Hat family; RHEL, Fedora, or CentOS if it's of recent vintage.
Assuming this is correct, then settings under /etc/sysconfig
are maintained by the various GUI config tools.

If the ifcfg-eth0 config file has an entry "BOOTPROTO=none", then
it gets a static ip address from the "IPADDR" entry in the same
file. I would assume that the "10.0.1.102" you referred to is what
you see for the IPADDR entry in this file?

If BOOTPROTO is set to "dhcp" instead of "none", then I believe
it will ignore the IPADDR setting and instead look to DHCP to
assign it an ip address. That's the first thing I would check if
I saw the symptoms you describe.