Re: ifconfig -error - different IP address was shown

 Try this:

# ifconfig eth0 down
# ifup eth0

If you are working remotely, try putting both of those lines in a script
and execute it using "nohup," and possibly even "screen" so it continues
to execute even though you've been disconnected. Not too sure about how
SSH will behave when NICs go up and down... simpler would be:

# service network restart

which should bring everything back up, but I know it may fail or throw
warnings because your ifcfg-eth0 file doesn't particularly coincide with
the NICs current configuration. You can also just try doing this to
avoid the warning:

# ifconfig eth0 10.0.1.102
# service network restart

Also look at /etc/sysconfig/network to make sure your default gateway is
correct.