Re: Organizing books and papers

 The link posted earlier explained that the Library of
Congress's catalog system was developed around the
same time as Dewey's, in order to solve the same
problems. From the description, it sounds like Dewey's
system is more flexible and general-purpose, but
the Library of Congress system is good enough for
Congress' needs, so there's no motivation to replace
it with Dewey's system.

--
John Abreau
IT Manager