Re: includes

 On Nov 30, 2007 1:53 PM, dan moylan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> no includes -- at all -- not even stdio.h -- sorry for not
> being more explicit.  the build-essential install did the
> trick.  should i have been able to find this on my own?  i
> was amazed that they were not there and had no idea as to
> where to look.

I think Ubuntu made the decision to not include them, since most
Desktop users are not programmers :-)  There is documentation about
this on wiki.ubuntu.com and various other places.  If you hit F1 at
your Desktop, a help window will come up where you can get lots of
information, even if you don't have an Internet connection.  Coming
from Red Hat, you probably wouldn't know all this, so no worries.  But
now you do!  And knowing is half the battle ... or something like that
:-P
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious."

believed to be clean.