Re: Ripping DVDs ... and MythTV

 On Fri, Nov 23, 2007 at 01:26:03PM -0500, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> You're correct in that css does lock sectors of the disk, so if you
> simply insert a dvd and try to dd, it'll at some point. However, if
> you insert a dvd, fire up something like xine w/libdvdcss in place,
> quit it, *then* do the dd, all is well, as those sectors have been
> unlocked.

That's good to know.  I recently bought a bunch of used DVDs, and some
of them are in kind of rough shape.  I haven't felt the need to make
copies of any of my DVDs up to this point, but I think I may need to
copy those, and perhaps a few others I'd regret having to buy again if
they failed... :)

-=-=-=-=-