Re: What to do with a RAM-heavy desktop?

    Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 07:27:26 -0500 (EST)
   From: Scott Ehrlich <[hidden email]>

   So I have a 32 GB, dual quad-core processor desktop to configure.
   It seems like likely I'd install 32-bit Windows XP on it, with
   respect to the user needing Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, and
   Photoshop, along with Matlab (which we have Linux versions of) and
   Mathematica (which we can get Linux versions of, too).

   But with 32-bit Win XP with SP2, we waste 28 GB, as it can only use 4 GB.

   The user is equally Unix-capable, and I could easily install 64-bit
   CentOS, but how could I enable them to fully take advantage of the
   Adobe products on the system natively (i.e w/o using a VM)?

With that kind of memory, why not use a virtual machine?

believed to be clean.