Router suggestion

 A few years ago having upgraded my ADSL service to fiber, I determined
that a better router was needed.  Something that could do a bit more and
handle the data rate.  Stupidly taking the 10/100 ethernet port to mean
quite literally that (at 100mb/s) the WAN port could sustain a 100mb/s
data rate, I went ahead and purchased a Netgear FR114p.  Beyond just "Oops".

The result: the circuit seemed to top out at around 11.5mb/s WAN to LAN.
  The little D-link box that Verizon supplied (a plastic thing that
belies its capability) worked fine.

So I called Netgear (more than once) and it seemed no one knew, or would
admit, exactly what their box was capable of doing.  Finally, an
engineer admitted that I was correct.  In the end, there was nothing
they would (or apparently could) do to make it right.

So now, a few years later, I'm still seeking a router (with SPI this
time) that will do the trick.  It's somewhat (energy) inefficient to run
a dedicated linux box with iptables to do the task, so I again looked at
Netgear.  They seem to have adjusted their literature a bit, so I now
see some of their boxes with LAN to WAN speeds noted.  Still, the only
one of their units I'm interested in, the FVS336G, offers "LAN-to-WAN:
60 Mbps total".  There's no WAN to LAN spec and I suspect should I call
them they will still not know.

Any recommendations as to alternatives?  My circuit provides 20mb/s down.

believed to be clean.