Re: going fanless?

 On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 02:41:58PM -0500, Stephen Adler wrote:
> I understand that. But I'm just wondering if anyone really uses it today.
> I'm trying to put together the quietest PC possible and right now, my power
> supply fan is whirring away as my VMWare Windows client sucks up lots of
> CPU and power and thus makes the fan whir more....

Check out this power supply:

  http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16817104035

Buy a fanless video card.

Get bigger (12cm or more) fans for your case; they don't need to turn as fast
to be effective at cooling.

The nicer cases have little rubber pieces that you put the drive screws
through, thus negating drive vibrations.

As for the CPU fan, get a nice zalman cooler...

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -(   Economic advantage is not in and of itself a valid    )-
Virtual hosting -( purpose or justification for copyright or patent laws.  )-

believed to be clean.