Re: going fanless?

 Good point... So here's the deal.

I have an NVidia 7800gt and anytime I do something GL'ish on my PC, the
damn fan starts whirring like crazy... driving me crazy! So I poked
around the net and found the GeForce 8600 BSD, a fanless video card, but
I don't know if I need to water cool it, or its heat sink is enough to
keep it cool.

http://www.hothardware.com/Articles/XFX_GeForce_8600_GT_Fatal1ty/

It's got these big tubes on it... (Maybe I'm just being soooo neieve...)

What ever the case may be, I am going to put together a new system with
a core 2 duo with some high end FSB, lots of memory (4 to 6 gigs), some
kind of NVidia 8xxx card and a couple of monster 24" monitors. (So I
need the video power to drive these things.) So I'm getting my self all
worked out about how much noise this machine is going to make...