Re: New York Times advertisement for Ubuntu

 On 11/5/07, Tom Haskins-Vaughan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I may have got the completely wrong end of the stick here, but would you
> not be better off doing an ad for Linux rather than just Ubuntu?

If we could get more donations and a larger ad campaign, I say "sure".
 I was just hoping to ride on the pioneering efforts of companies like
Dell, Asus, Everex, and various others who chose Ubuntu as their
Desktop distribution of choice for some reason or another.  I am not
biased toward a 100% Ubuntu ad, as I have used various flavors of
Linux over the years including Gentoo/RH/Fedora/SuSE/Mandrake/Debian
and some other obscure distros no one remembers.  Either way, the
point of the ad was to give a URL as say to normal Americans -- "hey,
try this it.  We think it's cool and so do 10 million other people
around the world".  You know, something along those lines.

Or maybe we could do a more interesting angle.  "Google, Youtube,
Ebay, and Amazon all use Linux.  Now bring the power of their systems
into your home with the Ubuntu Linux Operating System."
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.