Re: [svlug] 20/20 on Hans Reiser tonight

 Tom Metro wrote:
> Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
>> So how was the show?  Good?
>
> You can learn more about the case by reading the Wikipedia article on
> Hans Reiser. I didn't know anything about his legal troubles prior to
> seeing mention on this list, and I read the Wikipedia article before
> watching the show segment.
 >
 > While the first part of the show segment gives Reiser's spin on the
 > facts, in the actual interview he comes across as creepy, if not
 > guilty.

I did not watch it but imagine that the broadcast program used lighting,
sound, and snippets to cast Riser in the worst possible light.
Otherwise, the programming would not sell.  Fear is the game.

> The Wikipedia article mentions that the prosecution delayed the start of
> the trial until this Monday, and the defense claims this was to wait
> until the interview aired as it would be prejudicial against Reiser. The
> odd thing is that his interview was perhaps the worse part of the
> segment, and he could have declined to be interviewed.

Perhaps it was an attempt to counter the publicity that the prosecution
stirred up prior to trial?  There's usually a trial by media before the
  "fair" trial begins.

/m

believed to be clean.