Re: trailing slash in Apache

 Michael Webb wrote:
> ...how do I get [www.sdmc.com/binderapp/] to work as www.sdmc.com/binderapp...

I thought Apache already made URLs canonical by default. The other
response in this thread seems to confirm that, and if you read the
"Trailing Slash Problem" section of the "Apache 1.3 URL Rewriting Guide"
you'll see:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/misc/rewriteguide.html

   ...the problem of the trailing slash on URLs referencing directories.
   If they are missing, the server dumps an error...Actually [it] tries
   to fix it [itself] in most of the cases...

Also suggesting that Apache handles this internally, normally. But it
goes on to describe techniques for implementing such rules yourself.

> ...when I try to put a redirect in the .htaccess folder...it doesn't
> work... (it is bringing up index.html)

Which index.html?
www.sdmc.com/binderapp/index.html?
www.sdmc.com/index.html?

The former is what you want it to do, isn't it? And the latter shouldn't
happen, unless you've constructed the redirect rule wrong.

Try posting your .htaccess.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro