Re: ubuntu

 Martin Owens wrote:
>> It's just that moving from Fedora to *buntu is a big deal.  The
>> packaging is all different.  I haven't worked on a BSD derivative since
>> early Slackware.
>
> Ubuntu is Debian based not BSD since BSD is something very different
> from Linux; And I'm pretty sure Slackware is also Linux.

Sorry, you're right.  Never used a Debian.

I'm sold now on getting away from x86_64, but I think I'll try loading
kubuntu on for a day and then make the decision on whether to wipe it
out and put on F7 i386.

I would love to wait or F8, but I don't have that luxury.  It's been
many years since I've upgrades an OS (as opposed to backing up and
nuking from orbit then installing anew), but since my F7 install will
only be a month or so old, I might chance it when F8 is stable.

believed to be clean.