I think I'm ready to give up on x86_64

 I installed F7 on the new server.  Actually, I installed F8 rc3, which
died horribly when RPM cyclical dependencies, and my attempt to fix
them, broke XWindows and some other functionality.  F7 also had some
dependency problems that caused me to uninstall packages, install new
packages, then reinstall the first set.  That bit of frustration is a
topic for another post, though.

I do a lot of java stuff.  I've never had much luck with the gcj stuff,
and I always end up installing Sun's java.  Ironically, they have a 64
bit J2SE, but not a 64 bit J2EE.  But java is just the latest problem.

Before I waste more time tracking down problems caused by running
x86_64, I need to decide if it's actually worth it.  From what I
understand, the only advantages of 64 bit over 32 bit are access to more
than 4GB RAM (not a problem for me, since I only have 2GB), and memory
mapping large files (not an issue for the same reason).  Am I missing
something?

believed to be clean.