Laptops & Network USB hubs

 Hello,
    I may have a need to buy two new laptops shortly i.e. this weekend.
Although my wifes laptop will run windows I will probably run Ubuntu on
it.  Its been awhile since I have been able to run what I want on a
computer so I wanted to get an idea of how things are working these days
relative to what I need to do.

My first purchase, if things come together, will be laptops.  I have a
budget of ~900 for each machine.  I'm leaning towards an HP DV6654US. If
anyone has experience with it I would like to get there impressions of
it.  Does Linux support hibernate and energy saving with it?  How does
the video look with X?  I'm actually a bit excited about the possibility
of being able to run Linux as my main OS again, its been a few years...

My second question is how do people host there printers/USB HD on the
network for Linux & Windows with out a desktop?  I'm looking at the
belkin F5L009, but I can't really find a description of how it works.
Anyone using this device with Linux?

Thanks,
Anthony

believed to be clean.