Terminal and xterm - hightlight and copy query

 I have 32-bit and 64-bit CentOS 5 workstations.  On one of the 64-bit
systems, a gnome terminal window will permit the user, with the kde
window manager, to highlight text in the window, click the middle mouse
buttton, and the text is pasted at the command prompt.

On a 32-bit system, try the same, but the middle mouse button only pastes
text from when text was specifically copied using right-click > Copy.

An xterm on the 32-bit system does present copy/paste with highlight >
middle-click.

Both are running kde window manager.

Thanks for any insights on the copy/paste scenarios.

Scott

believed to be clean.