Re: xubuntu to gusty

 On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 20:06:16 -0400
"James Kramer" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have Fiesty version of Xubuntu on my laptop.  Can I upgrade to Gusty by
> editing sources.list and replaceing Fiesty with Gusty and then doing
> sudo aptitude dist-upgrade?

There is a detailed set of instrucitons on this page:
http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/upgrading

It is very simple using the GUI:
1. run the Update Manager System/Administration/Update manager
1a. If your system is not up to date, you will be asked to update it to
the latest feisty bits.

2. The Update Manager will then show that a new release is available,
and you can click on that. Follow the onscreen instructions. The
process takes about an hour or so. I was curious, to I just started in
on my laptop. In the past I have done both Red Hat Enterprise and SuSE
upgrades. SuSE upgrades have generally worked well, and Red Hat
Enterprise upgrades were disastrous (different systems all but one done
by different experienced IT professionals who knew what they were
doing).

--
Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group