Re: cpu frequency stepper in Xubuntu

 On 10/21/07, James Kramer <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What is the best way to control cpu frequency for the Centrino M with
> Gusty.  I read that Gusty was good at controlling the step speed of the
> processor.  When I do:
> aptitude search cpu
> I displays several programs that control cpu stepping.  What is the best
> option.
> Thanks in advance

In Gnome I use cpufreqd and the Gnome panel frequency scaling applet.
By default the Gnome panel applet is not marked SUID root and doesn't
have ability to be changed on the fly.  But you can change that using:
$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure gnome-applets

For Xubuntu, I am not sure if they have a similar applet.  But I would
give cpufreqd a try and look around at how to control the daemon...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.