Re: Creating dual boot Windows Vista/Fedora 7 system

   Jerry Feldman  wrote to "To: [hidden email]" on Tue, 16 Oct 2007at
7:36 am
Subject: Re: Creating dual boot Windows Vista/Fedora 7 system

> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:41:57 -0400
>  Robert La Ferla <robertlaferla@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I have a fresh out of the box Windows Vista system
> that I would like  to turn into a dual boot Windows Vista and Fedora
7 system.
> What's  the easiest way to do this without buying any 3rd party
software
> AND  without re-installing Windows?
>
> You could also install one of the free VMWare offerings
>  (VMWare Server or Player) and run Fedora as the guest OS.
> Then you could have them both resident at the same time.

And you could use gparted which was suggested earlier,
and we too have used with sucess. (Do back-up  first.)

But you asked for the " easiest way to do this  without buying any 3rd
party software",
and in a similar situation we are solving it by installing a second
hard drive.
and using grub to dual boot.

In our case the new hard drive will be internal along with the "slave
Windows C-drive",
but we could have used an external hard drive (or a USB drive) if there
had not been a free bay.

HTH,
Gar

Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- Unlimited storage and

believed to be clean.