Wanted: Jr to Mid-level Linux System/Application Administrator

 Greetings, all;

The group that I am a part of is looking to hire a Jr. to Mid-level
Linux System and Application Administrator to assist me.  The group is a
small development team that is largely developing web applications for
collaboration in middle-sized Enterprise organizations that are expected
to be released to the Open Source community soon after they are
deployed.  You would be working with them to develop, deploy, and
support applications that will be deployed across our Enterprise of
about 20k users.  Experience with one or more of the following is
required: MySQL, Oracle, XEN, VMware, Apache/Tomcat.  Please direct
inquired to me, or my work address, [hidden email], but not to the list.
  Further details below.  Thank you for your time.

Hunter Heinlen

----------------------------------

MIT Job Posting â?? Development Software & Platform Services/ISDA

Title:  Linux Applications Administrator
Req Number:  N/A - Contractor
Department: Information Services and Technology
Location(s): Cambridge MA
FT/PT: Full Time
Employment / Payroll Category: Administrative
Work Shift:
APPLICATIONS/SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR, Information Services and Technology,
to help support several dozen servers in 24x7 data centers running Linux
operating systems for MIT's mission critical administrative and academic
applications.   Responsible for installing, configuring, administering,
and upgrading applications, tools and software packages required by the
ISDA team.  Cloning and testing machines also necessary.  Under minimal
supervision, maintains the integrity of the OS environment and
application platform, troubleshooting and maintaining operating system,
web application servers, and enterprise content management systems in
support of complex processing requirements.  Familiarity with Linux,
networking, web application servers, open source software, databases,
and configuration management required. Must be able to learn new
software packages quickly, evaluate tools and make recommendations.
Will interact directly with clients to negotiate solutions and
implementation.
REQUIREMENTS:
3-5 years of experience in administering Red Hat Enterprise Linux in a
heterogeneous data center or Enterprise environment
Experience configuring and deploying MySQL database server software or
as a MySQL or Oracle DBA
Experience with enterprise and/or web content management systems is a plus
Experience configuring Apache and/or Tomcat for publicly accessible websites
Experience monitoring logs and system activity of Unix or Linux servers,
and tracking usage over time
Experience building automated operating system deployment and update
utilities a plus
Experience automating system administration tasks with BASH, Perl,
Python, or similar scripting languages is required
Experience with configuration management systems is a plus
Experience with server virtualization technology, in particular VMware
Experience supporting a development team or team of programmers is preferred
Willing to participate in a problem-solving escalation chain to
troubleshoot issues outside of regular business hours
Solid project management skills essential
Initiative, client orientation, and team work competencies expected
Ability to communicate technical issues with non-technical people required

believed to be clean.