Re: basic network question

 On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 06:45:29PM -0400, eric c wrote:
> hi all.  i'm having trouble reaching a website from my house.  i would
> like to get some info on the situation to pass along to the site host
> and / or my isp that may help them fix it.  what do you suggest or is
> $traceroute myplaysite.com. sufficient?  thanks for any tips.  - eric c.

If your machine is having problems reaching one website, and is
fine for everything else, your ISP does not care.

If you are the only person having problems reaching a website,
the website probably does not care much.

That said, the output of these commands may be useful.

ifconfig -a
route -n
cat /etc/resolv.conf
dig myplaysite.com
ping -c 10 myplaysite.com
traceroute myplaysite.com
wget myplaysite.com

-dsr-

--
Every time you give up a right, the terrorists win.

believed to be clean.