Re: URL Redirects

 There are a number of ways I know of to get close; but nothing
perfect.  A subdomain with a DNS entry to the old location would be
the simplest and probably most efficient in terms of traffic and
apache configuration, with the obvious side-effec that the URL for
these sites would change from www.sdmc.com/stitcher to, say,
ab.sdmc.com/stitcher
(I chose 'ab' for automatedBindery, but it was just an example).

To keep the URLs the same, you could use Apache to proxy the requests
for the microsites back to the old server.  This would preserve the
current URLs, but would be criminally inefficient (user makes an http
request to apache, then apache turns around and makes it to your old
servers; meanwhile the user has to first wait for apache to get the
response before it can be sent back to them).

If you just want the microsites to keep running and the domain can be
switched (I think this is what you were going for), there are a couple
ways to do this in apache using RewriteRules.

Examples:

1. Single RewriteRule

# This solution will work if there are only a few microsites
RewriteRule ^/((stitcher|microsite2|microsite3).*)
http://www.automatedbindery.com/$1 [R,L]

2. Multiple Rewrite Rules

RewriteRule ^/(stitcher.*)   http://www.automatedbindery.com/$1 [R,L]
RewriteRule ^/(microsite2.*) http://www.automatedbindery.com/$1 [R,L]