Re: just got screwed by red hat...

 The Ubuntu LTS release is also an option if you don't require something
RPM based and your applications are supported on it.

Free support for Ubuntu is pretty good, and enterprise support is
available from Canonical.  Their pricing structure isn't very obvious.  It
says $750 for servers, which I'd assume it a yearly cost.  I'm hoping they
don't mean per server, but it wasn't really obvious to me.

http://www.ubuntu.com/support/paid