Re: quad cores?

 The reason I ask is not so much if SMP is supported or not, but all the
crazy bridge bus chip sets, and interrupt controller chip sets etc. etc.
When I got my Intel based Core 2 Duo system, (i.e. intel motherboard)
there was an issue with the current version of the kernel and lack of
support due to some chip set issue... I can't remember how I dealt with
it, (some odd boot parameter option or something like that.) Has anyone
had any experience using a core 2 quad? Is it worth the extra money?

Cheers. Steve.