Re: dd in=/dev/sda out=/dev/sdb

 It looks like I've solved my problem... It was a VMWare'ism. Bascially I
removed all bootable devices from my virtual machine, and lo and behold,
it was able to boot off my new resized NTFS file system. For some
reason, VMWare got foobared, not the virtual disks.

Again, that's for all the input. The tool which really helped out was
knoppix. I highly recommend it.

Cheers. Steve.