RE: hdtv purchase now or later?

 >True. But, once you see how HDTV looks next to analog...

oh please!

<personal rant>
on my 53" rear projection set (~4 years old), i can't get my wife to get
over the black bands of the hd picture.  to me when watching baseball or
any sport for that matter, you see more of the field and the action with
better clarity.  she still can't get over the black bands and the
picture is smaller (whine, whine, whine).  no matter that you can barely
see the batter's shoulders with sd.
and yes, brady to moss is a beautiful thing to watch!
</personal rant>

> So I think people are going to have plenty of time to figure out
> what's going on.  No one is going to be forced to buy a fancy HD TV.

i think people will buy whatever crap they're told.  have you ever
actually sat through an "info-mercial"?  there ain't much info in it,
yet they're everywhere.  somebody has to be buying that junk else the
vendors wouldn't keep throwing money at buying tv time.  most folks
can't count over ten without taking off their shoes and socks, let alone
figure out the difference between 480i/p, 720i/p, ...  but then again, i
tend to have a less than favorable opinion about the intelligence of the
american people.

oh good.  the medication is starting to kick in...

--
Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group

believed to be clean.