Re: hdtv purchase now or later?

 On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 23:11:00 -0700
"Kristian Erik Hermansen" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> First of all,
> when supply increases, demand should DECREASE!

No. Supply does not affect demand. If demand remains constant and
supply increases, then prices should come down. But, as David mentioned
there are many factors. Since HD will be mandated in 2009, that alone
will cause demand in 2009 to go up as procrastinators rush out to buy
their HD units or converters. Suppliers and retailers are increasing
their supplies to meet the forcasted demand. I suspect that there could
be an over supply in 2009 because the big retailers are starting to
really push HDTV now. I also think that the technology in 2009 will
also cause a continued lowering of price as it has in years past.

--
Jerry Feldman <[hidden email]>
Boston Linux and Unix user group