FIOS installation in the house

 Hello:

The competition between Verizon and Comcast is heating up enough that
for my condos out here in Acton, they will not only install the ONT
boxes without a charge, but will pay $100/cable user to the condo
association, for a total of $8k.  Although it might sound generous, I
am sure the spreadsheet people have figured out the return on their
investment.

The misses is worried about the kind folks "pulling wires" inside the
house to get the copper for resale.  They say they must be able to get
inside all the units.  From my reading, it sounds like the exercise is
all about installing the Optical Network Terminal (ONT) box, which
needs power and a backup and a patch of wall to live in.

Does a FIOS installation involve touching any of the wires inside the
house?  I argued that they would do absolutely nothing to our POTS
(plain old telephone service).  Those twisted pairs of wires stay in
place, no one from Verizon would get near them.  We have Comcast
service for our phone, and she is concerned the Verizon people will
rip out wires inside the home that Comcast needs.

If we were to order phone service from Verizon, then they connect the
ONT to any jack, and that would make the phone "live".  If we ordered
a data line, I'd have to get an ethernet cable to the ONT.  If we get
TV, that would involve connecting a coaxial cable to our internal
coaxial cables.  If we ordered nothing, then we have something to add
to the resale value of the condo.

One thing I am not clear on: the TV service.  Is that coaxial inside
the house?  I know that it will only be digital signals.  Are there
digital->analog boxes?

Getting the the leading edge, eventually,
doug

believed to be clean.