Re: VLC streaming works

 Laura Conrad wrote:
> So does anyone have a good idea of how to tell ubuntu to do something
> more like what Scott and I did, or at least to make what Scott and I
> did less painful?

File bugs at https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu

Whether it results in changes is another matter. In my experience most
bugs - or more accurately, enhancement suggestions - filed against
Debian packages are dismissed by the maintainers. With Ubuntu they seem
to be a bit more open to outside ideas, but suffer from a worse problem,
which is permitting packages to progress to a release even while they
still have critical bugs.

I have a couple of open bugs against Fiesty for critical problems in two
packages (integrit segfaulting and XFS file system corruption, both
reproducible), yet the release happened, and the tickets have stagnated.
6 months later I've still got a hold on those two packages due to the
latest Fiesty versions being broken. I've never needed to place a hold
on a Debian package.

  -Tom

--
Tom Metro