Re: Signatures Was: greping

 On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 02:37:42PM -0400, Boland, John wrote:
> i knew that would be coming from the peanut gallery!

It's really an asinine policy.  Either the HR people are trying to block all
personal email, which will never happen (cf phone policies over the last 50
years), or they are saying that they really want to know what their employees
are having for dinner, what they're doing on Friday night and whose turn it is
to pick up the kids from Jeremy's house.

I suggest you print out the personal emails sent to the business accounts
of the HR people responsible for the policy and start leaving them at the
water cooler.

That will get the policy changed in a hurry... or it will create an
opportunity for you to find a new job.  It's a good market for job
hunters right now.  :-)

-b

> believed to be clean.

p.s.: This virus sig is asinine too, but what's even worse is that it's
grammatically incorrect!  Argh!

--
a good horse runs even at the shadow of a whip.               <buddha>

believed to be clean.