----- Forwarded message from Ruben Safir <[hidden email]> -----

Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 00:13:25 -0400
From: Ruben Safir <[hidden email]>
To: Ruben Safir <[hidden email]>
Cc: [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email],
        [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email], [hidden email]
Subject: [NYLXS - HANGOUT] Freedom-IT Winter 2007/8

Why Freedom-IT and Why Lake Placid?

I want to reiterate that Freedom-IT is very important and that it's
establishment as a regular program in Lake Placid will be a benifit to
the commumity which can not be overstated.

Everywhere I discuss Freedom-IT, outside of the small circle which makes up
the NYC GNU/Linux circle, people get very excited.  I understand that not
many people are part of a licensed profession like Law, Medicine, and Pharmacy.
However, all such professions have a backbone of serious professional research,
peer review articles which are published in professional journals, and professional
conferences.

Freedom-IT is designed to be a professional conference.  It needs to be a form
of a retreat.  People who are serious about Free Software developement will
in the future plan their Freedom-IT yearly retreat to hear top shelf advances
within Free Software and computer sciences in the general.

Please help me in supporting the development of Freedom-IT.

Thank You

Ruben