Beowolf fun!

On 30 Aug 2007 15:23:57 -0400, Kevin D. Clark <kevin_d_clark-Wuw85uim5zDR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> (2) the units of work are as *large* as possible (3) you want to
> minimize the amount of communications between each logical CPU
> (communications kill speedup).  Satisfying all of these constraints is

Hehe yup!  ... reminds me of managers who think doubling the work
force on a project will double productivity!!!  They have never read
mythical man month -- which has a lot to do with information sharing
between agents.  It is complex, and the slowdown comes from trying to
keep them all in sync.  It is an interesting problem indeed.

Btw, I am not a cluster guru by any means.  I know people who know a
lot about it and I don't know anything in comparison!!  If anyone has
suggested reading, I would be interested in picking up some material
for future projects I may work on.  My next home project is going to
be a large clustered file system on the cheap...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.