Another VMWare question

On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:43:48 -0400
"Kristian Erik Hermansen" <kristian.hermansen-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> $ sudo aptitude install wireshark
>=20
> Open up wireshark and capture the packets that occur, then you can
> trace back to why it is disconnecting or being terminated abruptly.
> You could also try setting the VMware Ethernet device to NAT mode,
> which could resolve many of your issues.  I assume you are not using
> the Windows XP as a server...

Ok. I didn't know about wireshark.  I believe that I do have it in NAT
mode.=20
I am using Ubuntu as the host with XP and the guest.=20

Also, somewhat unrelated minor issue. Network Manager would not connect
to my router using WEP128, but I switched to manual and it connected
fine (with the same key). Actually, manual is better so my wife does
not have to do anything except turn it on, log in, and click on the
VMWare icon.

--=20
Boston Linux and Unix user group
http://www.blu.org PGP key id:C5061EA9