IBM T42

On 8/23/07, David Kramer <david-8uUts6sDVDvs2Lz0fTdYFQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I have a T42 (well, my kid has it now)  Great machine, and plays well
> with Linux.  If you want to sell it, though, you should make sure to
> include the product ID so people know the configuration.  It should look
> like XXXX-XXX, IIRC.

I also have a T42p, and it is a great laptop.  I have owned 3
thinkpads, and they are by far the most Linux-friendly, even down to
the fingerprint scanner -- which I of course have working for GDM and
console logins :-)

I highly recommend thinkpads to anyone looking for a high-quality
Linux laptop.  Also, there is a great article in this month's Linux
Journal about the new X60 and all the nice features that work in
Linux.  Pick up the mag this month, or see the article online next
month...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.