VMWare again

On 8/16/07, Jerry Feldman <gaf-mNDKBlG2WHs at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I have VMWare server installed with Windows XP Professional. One
> problem I have is that I am not able to connect sound. As mentioned I
> am running Ubuntu 7.0.4 Feisty for AMD64. I am able to get sounds from
> native Firefox (32-bit).  In VMWare when I try to connect to the sound
> virtual device it says "Cannot connect virtual device sound. No
> corresponding device is available on the host". I have the host set to
> local host.  Previously I added this device under Edit Virtual Machine
> Settings.

I have never tried a 64-bit guest under 32-bit Windows.  I would guess
that this in an issue in how it is relaying the sound from the guest
to the host in 64-bit mode?  You may be SOL.  I would try to search
google for someone who ran into this before...
--
Kristian Erik Hermansen

believed to be clean.