List changes? Receiving messages "to" me?

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It looks like some configuration changed on the list recently,
> where all messages sent to the list arrive to me with me
> explicitly in the "To" field.   Um.... How do I turn that off
> for me?

The BLU server hosts over 30 lists for various user groups, and we've
had problems with a number of AOL users who would report list traffic
to AOL and claim it was spam, and BLU.ORG started getting added
to various RBL lists as a result. We're assuming these idiots were
too lazy to unsubscribe themselves properly, and were using AOL's
spam reporting mechanism as an alternative.

We signed up for a tracking service that AOL provided so we could
see what was being reported, and we used that to remove the offending
parties. But then AOL started stripping the offender's identity, so we
were unable to determine who to unsubscribe.

The changes to Mailman that now send a separate copy to each
subscriber were done to make it possible to unsubscribe the
offenders. The only other way we could think of to deal with this
would be to ban all AOL users from all the lists, which would punish
a lot of innocent bystanders.

--
John Abreau
IT Manager