Disabling security in the name of availability

Hello Chadwick,

  So the hyperbole would be to not let anyone have
access to technology/information right?  Only the L33t
should have access to information/knowledge?  Truth is
computer security threats will always out evolve any
panacea we can think up on any OS, vendor or
technology.  Lets not kid ourselves.  Economic
incentives breed threats and this isn't going to stop.

  However, there is a place in between these two
extremes where a system is usable and reasonably
secure.  As hilarious as it sounds I can't give granny
a copy of OpenBSD and expect her to know how to use
it.  But I could lock down any one of the vendors you
listed and make it reasonably secure.  And yes I have
seen very positive results from security awareness
training with friends and family.  Bugs,
vulnerabilities are often the fault of poor
programming practice or system design and have nothing
to do with users. Lets all be honest, if we want
bullet proof 100% security we need to shut down and
unplug.  Granny running OpenBSD would be quite funny
though.... =P

Thanks,

Message: 1