Was: Ubuntu wierdness Now: Disabling security in the name of availability

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 11:42:12AM -0400, Matt Nicholson wrote:
> Ah yes, but the fact that the source code is available benefits both the
> people looking for holes and those fixing them. With IE, only M$ could offer
> the fixes. With something open source, yes, its easier to find holes, since
> you can look right at the code, but also, more people (not the the
> company/group behind the software) can offer up patches and fixes, since
> anyone can get their hands on the same code and resources the "core"
> developers have.

Right. And don't forget to look at the time it takes Mozilla to fix bugs vs.
the time it takes to get Microsoft to fix bugs... We (the free software
community) are doing *way* better than Microsoft in that department.

Thanks,
Ward.

--
Pong.be         -(                                                         )-
Virtual hosting -(                                                         )-

believed to be clean.