Was: Ubuntu wierdness Now: Disabling security in the name of availability

Ah yes, but the fact that the source code is available benefits both the
people looking for holes and those fixing them. With IE, only M$ could offer
the fixes. With something open source, yes, its easier to find holes, since
you can look right at the code, but also, more people (not the the
company/group behind the software) can offer up patches and fixes, since
anyone can get their hands on the same code and resources the "core"
developers have.