Help with Usenet moderation needed urgently

Kristian Erik Hermansen wrote:
> On 8/11/07, Bill Horne <billhorne-Wuw85uim5zDR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>
>> The moderator of comp.dcom.telecom has suffered a stroke, and I've been
>> asked to fill in while he recovers. I've installed inn2 on my Debian
>> server, but am unable to get it working in a reasonable amount of time:
>> I've been trying to use inews to feed articles to a couple of different
>> servers, and I keep getting a "441" error saying I'm not authorized.
>>

> >From what I have heard, inn* is very difficult to administer.  Have
> you tried tornado?
> http://archive.highwinds-software.com/builds/index.html

Kristian,

Thanks for the suggestion: I just installed the nntp package, and tried
to use nntpxmit instead of rnews, but it's yet another learning curve to
climb. It seems the spammers are the only ones that know how to post to
newsgroups without having an NNTP server and associated files in perfect
order :-(.

What I'm looking for is a "stand alone" program that I can use for
one-by-one submissions from text files that contain one article per
file, or perhaps something with a batch capability that will allow me to
cat the files together. If tornado has such a capability, I'll use it.

Comp.dcom.telecom isn't high traffic, just 5 to 20 posts/day, but the
real work happens before posting, since the moderator gets ~600 service
messages a day, all blowback from Joe-job spam. Still, stuff piles up.

(Excuse me while I vent).

All ideas welcome.

Bill

believed to be clean.